Sunday, February 27, 2011

My First Step Toward Separation

Today I did something so incredibly difficult; I took my first step toward separation from my husband, who has become so emotionally abusive lately, I can hardly stand it. My step: I transferred mine and my son's cell phone numbers out of his account and into my own.

I feel both scared and a burden gently lifting, a glimmer of freedom, after doing this. My fear is this move may prompt further and more intense abuse as he sees me not caving into his emotional blackmail tactics. My freedom, and it's very slight, is that I don't have the stress of worrying if he'll disconnect or take away my precious communication device. Right now I need my phone more than anything, and I am happy to know he no longer has control over it.

The other issue is realty: this is REALLY happening. We are splitting up.

Big scary step for me. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment